Yet, for all that, this represents in my head the road to that part of Kisangani in the Congo where I lived.
Painted ten years after I left -- a sketch in paint -- the trees urban, the rest imagination. Is that allowed?
To be alert to the forces of darkness and division is to be mindful of the suffering of the peoples of the planet who are part of our collec...
This reminds me of a quote in the front of the novel I am currently reading, which says: "By drawing a diagram, a ground plan of a house, a street plan to the location of a site, or a topographical map, one draws a 'logical two dimensional picture.' A 'logical picture' differs from a natural or realistic picture in that it rarely looks like the thing it stands for." -Robert Smithson, 'The Collected Writings'......I love this painting, and the fact that it represents the road to your home in the Congo -- more so than any more realistic or logical drawing or photo probably ever would.
ReplyDeleteIt's allowed. :-)
ReplyDelete