Sunday, December 8, 2013

One Step Up From a Doodle


Last May I mentioned sketchbooks and the Brooklyn, N.Y. Art Library's collection of the Sketchbooks of  2011, 2012 and 2013. (See post of May 1, 2013 Sketchbooks and real drawings). This year I signed up again for the Sketchbook Project 2014 and have called my book "One Step Up from a Doodle" as a tribute to the humble doodle -- that source of solace and ideas. I haven't finished the sketchbook yet but wanted to start it off here with the original doodle and the drawing that came from it.

The Doodle



 
The Drawing









































There is a hierarchy in the drawing world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wandering in the Paths of Delusion

To be alert to the forces of darkness and division is to be mindful of the suffering of the peoples of the planet who are part of our collec...