Friday, April 6, 2012

The Consequences of Lines

While drawing I am aware that every line has consequences. 






I have to question myself though. Why do I say that?



 

An idea starts with a line and then another one. Steps follow steps -- shadows appear – the small lines become obvious after the broad strokes appear. And then I need to ask "Is it finished?"


1 comment:

  1. I have always loved this definitive and creative type of artist expression. Wanderings of the mind coursing slopes of angles and rigid forms; softened vistas in bright moments of color as enlightenment - against the black and white of pen and ink - rise out of pulpy pages, a forest of meaning and truth!! Scripted curves and sails on reach out of page to catch "the onrushing" winds of "Grace" that stir a heart's canvases of longing; a flutter!

    ReplyDelete

Wandering in the Paths of Delusion

To be alert to the forces of darkness and division is to be mindful of the suffering of the peoples of the planet who are part of our collec...